Vivid aims to be the most innovative, responsive and fun business in the toy and games market. We also strive to be a highly ethical, professional and caring business to our consumers, trade partners, team members and local community.
It is for these reasons that the quality and safety of the products we produce is our top priority. We have teams of safety experts, and all of our toys go through rigorous safety assessments and product testing from concept stage through to final production. This ensures they meet or exceed all the relevant standards.
We care about the people in our supply chain too. Vivid are committed to Ethical Sourcing and are members of the ICTI CARE program. This is the toy industry's worldwide ethical manufacturing program aimed at ensuring safe and humane working conditions for toy factory workers worldwide.
We're determined to eliminate unnecessary packaging, so have worked hard to ensure ours is both environmentally friendly and safe. Hence wherever possible our packaging materials are recyclable (we now even use paper raffia ties to hold products in pack) and we strive to reduce our carbon footprint wherever possible.
15 things you didn't know about Vivid
- Vivid was started by a team of people who used to work for Matchbox Toys ... the company that made those fantastic miniature die-cast cars
- Vivid started making toys in 1993, and our first big hit was Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons. This became the top selling boys toy for Christmas that year
- Vivid has made Popstar Collector Dolls of the following celebrities ... Take That, Boyzone, Steps, Peter Andre, Westlife, JLS, One Direction, Justin Bieber, The Wanted ... and now Little Mix Vivid's biggest selling toy line ever is Moshi Monsters. So far we have sold over 45 million Moshlings ... if you laid them all down head to toe they would stretch from Land's End to John O'Groats!
- All our toys are designed in the UK by British designers and made in factories in China
- Vivid sells Crayola arts and crafts products which have been sold here for over 100 years, making them the oldest surviving toy brand in the UK. That means that your Great-Great-Grandparents probably drew pictures with Crayola crayons
- Our best selling soft toy ever is Fluffy Goes Walkies, with over two million sold to date. On one set of batteries all those Fluffy toys could walk to the moon and back!
- Vivid is Britain's biggest toy company and the 20th biggest toy company in the world
- We used to be called Vivid Imaginations but we shortened it to Vivid as very young children found it difficult to say "Imaginations"
- Vivid has sold lots of action figures from famous movies and TV shows including Toy Story, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Spiderman, The Incredible Hulk, Lord Of The Rings, X-Men, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Stingray, Joe 90, The Simpsons, Star Trek, Dinosaur King, WWE and Godzilla
- Vivid has made toys for lots of preschool shows ... Tots TV, Rosie & Jim, Winnie The Pooh, In The Night Garden, Fifi and the Flowertots, Roary The Racing Car, Everything's Rosie, Timmy Time, ZingZillas, Little Charlie Bear, Care Bears, Baby Jake and Cloudbabies
- Vivid is based in Guildford, Surrey in the UK. We also have offices in Hong Kong, China, Frankfurt and Paris and we sell to over 60 countries around the world
- Vivid is a founder member of the CARE program, which ensures that all our toys are made in factories that make sure that workers are properly cared for and no child labour is used
- Vivid has created many craze-toys over the past 20 years including Koosh Balls, Crazy Frog, Flat Eric, Moshi Monsters, Puppy In My Pocket and Pog-Maker
- Vivid's two founders, Nick Austin and Alan Bennie, were recently awarded Lifetime Achievement Awards by the British Toy And Hobby Association