Vivid aims to be the most innovative, responsive and fun business in the toy and games market. We also strive to be a highly ethical, professional and caring business to our consumers, trade partners, team members and local community.
It is for these reasons that the quality and safety of the products we produce is our top priority. We have teams of safety experts, and all of our toys go through rigorous safety assessments and product testing from concept stage through to final production. This ensures they meet or exceed all the relevant standards.
We care about the people in our supply chain too. Vivid are committed to Ethical Sourcing and are members of the ICTI CARE program. This is the toy industry's worldwide ethical manufacturing program aimed at ensuring safe and humane working conditions for toy factory workers worldwide.
We're determined to eliminate unnecessary packaging, so have worked hard to ensure ours is both environmentally friendly and safe. Hence wherever possible our packaging materials are recyclable (we now even use paper raffia ties to hold products in pack) and we strive to reduce our carbon footprint wherever possible.
We care about the people in our supply chain too. Vivid works with factories that operate to high standards of ethical practices. The IETP (ICTI) Ethical Toy Program is our preferred audit scheme. IETP is the toy industry's worldwide ethical manufacturing program aimed at ensuring safe and humane working conditions for toy factory workers worldwide.
15 things you didn't know about Vivid
- Vivid was started by a team of people who used to work for Matchbox Toys ... the company that made those fantastic miniature die-cast cars
- Vivid started making toys in 1993, and our first big hit was Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons. This became the top selling boys toy for Christmas that year
- We used to be called Vivid Imaginations but we shortened it to Vivid as very young children found it difficult to say "Imaginations"
- Vivid is a founder member of the CARE program, which ensures that all our toys are made in factories that make sure that workers are properly cared for and no child labour is used
- Vivid's two founders, Nick Austin and Alan Bennie, were awarded Lifetime Achievement Awards by the British Toy And Hobby Association
- Vivid has made Popstar Collector Dolls of the following celebrities ... Take That, Boyzone, Steps, Peter Andre, Westlife, JLS, One Direction, Justin Bieber, The Wanted ... and now Little Mix Vivid's biggest selling toy line ever is Moshi Monsters. So far we have sold over 45 million Moshlings ... if you laid them all down head to toe they would stretch from Land's End to John O'Groats!
- Vivid sells Crayola arts and crafts products which have been sold here for over 100 years, making them the oldest surviving toy brand in the UK. That means that your Great-Great-Grandparents probably drew pictures with Crayola crayons
- Our best-selling soft toy ever is Fluffy Goes Walkies, with over two million sold to date. On one set of batteries all those Fluffy toys could walk to the moon and back!
- Vivid has sold lots of action figures from famous movies and TV shows including Toy Story, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Spiderman, The Incredible Hulk, Lord Of The Rings, X-Men, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Stingray, Joe 90, The Simpsons, Star Trek, Dinosaur King, WWE and Godzilla
- Vivid has created many craze-toys over the past 25 years including Koosh Balls, Crazy Frog, Flat Eric, Moshi Monsters, Puppy In My Pocket and Pog-Maker
- We pride ourselves in being early adopters of brands from new and innovative entertainment platforms. For example, the website originated brand Moshi Monsters hit the no1 new toy properties spot with our range of toys in 2011/2012. Vivid also enjoyed launching Ryan’s World toys from the global hit YouTube channel which claimed the Top New Toy Property spot in 2019 (NPD, 2019 Full Year Data).
- Vivid is based in Guildford, Surrey in the UK and in November 2018, Vivid was acquired by the Goliath Group, a family-owned, leading European toys & games manufacturer.
- Goliath products now sell in more than 75 countries worldwide and has offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany, Poland, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, UK, USA and Canada
- One of our bestselling games Sequence has over 1800 Amazon reviews, averaging 4.8/5 stars!
- Crayola has been producing Crayons since 1903 and now produces on average of 12million crayons every single day!